Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cabin Boy's Log, Captain's Log


Ther be five days left in me exile to the gally. Misser Magrely be workin me fingers to the bone.  And he be forcin me to wash me hands.  It aint decent.  Capm been actin strange all day standin at the helm starin at the horizon.  He aint had nuffin to eet all day.  We try to talk to im but he just glare and grumble at us.  He only talk ta Misser Dawsin.  Oh, Misser Dawsin be makin me swab the deck.  That usually be the sailers job not the cabin boys.  I hope the capm be fine wiffout me helpin im.  It aint proper for the capm to have no one helpin im.  I told that to Misser Magrely and he made me wash pots.  

If I never rite agin it be becuz I dide from lak of sun and fresh are.

Barney



We’re stalking a freight ship.  She sits low in the water, heavy with cargo.  We should be upon her just before dawn tomorrow.

A. Penn

1 comment:

What have ye ta say ta the crew?