Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Cabin Boy Comes Home


I be in a lotta truble this time.  Yestrday I be with doc and he be wantin ta leave us.  This only be my first day at port since I joyned the croo, but Wessin say doc try to leave every time.  But this time doc be serius.  He heer tell of a Indian sloop in port and he be fixed to run ta that ship.  He has no famly jus like me but he don like the oshun.  I don no how a persun can not like the oshun.  Its lunisee.  But we be settin in the tavern doc and me, and I tells him wee needs him.  He made me all better wen I wus see sik my first week abord the bane.  Wen he change his mind and say he comin back to the bane the sun was up.  We went back to the ship and capm was havin a fit he was so mad at me.  He sent me to the gally to help the new cook.  I hate bein outa the ratlines, it be terrible small in the gally.  Cook won let me taste anythin.  I be don with me sentince in too weeks.  Then I be back agenst the sky as be proper. 

I aint never rote so much in me natural life.  Me hand herts.  Mr. Durkus say me writin be improovin.

Barney

1 comment:

  1. I know I keep commenting, so I hope it doesn't bother you. But can i just say that this is a great creative outlet! It is so fun to read! It's similar to mini series where you can only get one portion of the story at a time.

    ReplyDelete

What have ye ta say ta the crew?