Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

First Mate's log: First Day at Port


The first day at port is always difficult.  The men are so very excited to be off the boat that they always go a little crazy. Luckily we were able to get the cargo unloaded before people started disappearing.  Dr. Kamazora ran away first thing, again.  That man has tried to run away at every port since we kidnapped him off his sloop in January.  He always realized he has nowhere to go and comes back.  I believe the poor man will adjust.  He has no family back in India so what better things has he to do than be a pirate surgeon?

Cooper and the Captain went out looking for a carpenter, but found no one.  They will try again tomorrow, I have no doubts.  With any luck they’ll find a cook as well.  We’d starve without Mr. Durkus and his golden harpoon bringing in sea turtles, but it would be heaven to have someone who knew how to cook them. 

Tomorrow I’ll go looking for a new book and perhaps an atlas.  I’ll stay on the ship tonight, I find I have no reason to rent a room.  I miss dear Calypso when I’m away.

R. Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have ye ta say ta the crew?